Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Somewhere in Time












Terryn and Kristina, two of my flute section dresses in their 80's garbs
(and I must say Terryn looks so realistic that it scares me... )

































Searching through old forgotten pictures I had uploaded I found these. This spring our high school help a 'pops' concert. The theme was songs from different decades, and all those participating in the concert wore an outfit inspired by a decade.
Most of the girls in the flute section thought that we should all wear 80's inspired looks... but I just couldn't bring myself to it, and I ended up wearing this. I absolutely love the vintage styling of this look, and many of those coming into the concert commented on how lovely I looked.
I love the style of the 1950's. I love the gloves, hats, petticoats... I love it all, and I feel that that is where I belong...
I wish that women still dressed as elegantly as they once did. I wish gloves and hats were still in style, and young men still opened doors for girls without even having to think about it. It seems that I am stuck in a time that I do not belong. A time where immodesty is stylish and convenience is chic...
I am always told that I dress and act so old fashioned and so fancy. I belong in a different time, but that is something I love. I belong somewhere in time though it is neither now, nor entirely then,
Now, back to where my thoughts started. I wore this outfit to the concert and everyone who saw it loved it, especially after I swing danced with a few people and the twirliness of my petticoat was truly noticed.
Hopefully one day the elegance of the past will come back.
Outfit details: top-vintage dress, skirt-Ralph Lauren, gloves-vintage, hat-vintage (borrowed from Mom), pearls-vintage 

No comments:

Post a Comment