Thursday, November 20, 2014

Emerald Green


Hello dear readers! Life has been so busy lately! Miss Kimberly, NANOWRIMO, Mr. KHS, Senior everything... the list goes on and on! Finally I have been able to take a step back and gain a little bit of control of my life again. (And when I say a little bit I truly mean the smallest amount! Senior projects are due soon, most college applications/ scholarships are due Dec 1, and I have a debate tournament tommorrow and Saturday!) 

I hate when times get wild and crazy like this because I tend to become so stressed and overwhelmed- but these times also leave me with so much thankfulness! I am so thankful to all of my family, friends, and leaders who came and supported me in Miss Kimberly. I am especially thankful to my Mother. Without her love and support I would not be who I am. She loves me unconditionally and supports me in all that I do. She never questions my decisions, but is always willing to give me advice. She spent over 30 hours hand beading my formal gown for Miss Kimberly because she wanted to. I hope that I can someday be as good as my Momma! 



These last couple of days have also been rather hard. I entered Miss Kimberly because of a sweet lady that I knew. She told me that I was beautiful, talented, and poised, and that I had to do Miss Kimberly. Not only did she insist that I do it, she made me promise her that I would! 

I kept my promise and began the Miss Kimberly pageant. Around a month before the actual pageant I found out that she had been hospitalized, and on a particularly crazy day with the pageant (I was presenting my platform and having an interview with the pageant manager) my Mom cooked her and her husband a meal and went to the hospital to visit them. My mom told of how she inspired me to do Miss Kimberly, and the dear told my Mom that I had motivated her to get better so that she could come and see me. My Mom told her that even if she couldn't make it to the pageant that I would come and perform for her or bring her a recording.

That sweet woman passed away two nights ago. 

I wish that I would have gone and visited her, just to tell her how much what she said ment to me. I know that she will be accepted by Heavenly Father with open arms, and I am so thankful for the love that she has shown me and my family.

She is so loved and will be missed!  


 Outit Details:
Hat: Vinatge
Shirt: Present from Aunty 
Pin: Hobby Lobby 
Bracelet: Vintage (Gift from my Mom. She wore it when she was my age)
Ring: Vintage
Skirt: T.J. Maxx
Shoes: Vintage


"True happiness comes only from making others happy." -David O. McKay 

No comments:

Post a Comment