Thursday, July 9, 2015

Secret Garden


Another summer day of adventures. Today we decided to take a little trip to town and visit one of our favorite thrift stores and a new thrift store in the area. Our favorite little shop has one of the sweetest workers! She always recognizes us and says hello. Because we've  been going since Birdy was just a tiny baby, this sweet little employer has always loved her and calls her the pink baby. I love it because they always have the sweetest little vintage treasures and the prices are incredible. 

The new store was very interesting. It is kind of like a thrift store / estate sale mixture, and the owners go around and purchase items from estate sales that are about to close. They then bring them to their shop and sell them. They have some of the most interesting old furniture and looking at the old phone and camera collections was extremely interesting! 



I love this photobook, but unfortunately it wasn't for sale. I can't help but wonder who this sweet little family was, and what their story is. Also the children are simply precious! Their hair and clothing is so sweet. 




Home made lace vintage slip $.50


 1932 Book $1, Vintage gloves (found on the top of a pile of grubby socks) $.25


Sweet Vintage owl and pearl cardigan/collar clips $1

Outfit Details: 
Hat: Gift from Annie 
Shirt: Vintage (Momma was getting rid of clothes...)
Necklace: Made by me from a vintage key 
Belt: Rue 21
Skirt: Down East Basics
Petticoat: Vintage- Thrifted
Purse: Vintage- Throw away pile at an estate sale = free 
Shoes: T.J. Maxx

2 comments:

  1. This outfit is so pretty~!

    I wish I had thrift/vintage stores here where I live

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so pretty~!

    I wish I had thrift/vintage stores here where I live

    ReplyDelete