Saturday, October 18, 2014

Prim Rose


I absolutely love this dress, and every time I wear it I think of my Grandma Maddie and Grandpa Pup. For their 50th wedding anniversary we had a  beautiful party and all of the older granddaughters wore the same style of dress in either this blush pink or ivory. That day was so beautiful- My Grandma and Grandpa are so in love- and it shows!

It was such a beautiful day, and it was especially romantic and beautiful because we were able to have the anniversary at the place my Grandmama so badly wanted to hold her wedding reception!

 (If you want to read a News Paper article about it I am providing this link which will take you to the story, and it is also my image source)  


My Grandma was so gorgeous on her wedding day, and she is still simply radiant! They were, and are, so in love!


If you look closely at the background of this photograph you can actually see some of us in the  in our dresses by the stream. 


Keeping in line with the 50's theme, I decided to do a 1950's style for the accessories. I love how the look turned out so feminine! It reminds me of a homecoming dress- perhaps that is because of the sweet vintage corsage. I wish I could only have seen the dress that it was worn with, and the flowers that they added to it... 





I'm trying to stay really positive about the whole Sadie's fiasco, but sometimes it is really hard. I have just been trying to ignore him and have been dressing really cute so that he can't ignore me. So far... it's been working really well. It is a bummer however that I won't be able to go to the dance. 





Outfit Details
Hat- Vintage
Earrings- Vintage 
Dress- Grandma and Grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary (similar
Lace Top- Grandma Maddie 
Flower- Made By My Mom
Lace Under Skirt- Bella Bird 
Corsage- Vintage
Shoes- Christmas 



It's been soo stressful lately because of everything that is going on! So many service projects, club meetings, play practices, and Pageant practices... I've been trying not to get overwhelmed, but really, getting dumped was just the stress flavored icing on the cake! I always laughed at how dramatic girls were portrayed to be in movies when a boy did something like that tho them- but it really does stink, and it is really hard to deal with. Perhaps that is why my institute teacher really touched me the other day in class. He said:

"Maybe what is really challenging and hard for you right now... will bless you- strengthen you- make you better and stronger."- Brother Hardman 

No comments:

Post a Comment