Wednesday, July 9, 2014

1940's Inspired


Lately I have felt so inspired by the elegant looks of the 1940's. I love how simple the look turned out, but it still looks so classy! That's one of my favorite parts of that time period. The style was so simple during the time surrounding World War 2, yet it is so beautiful!  


I actually threw together this look while I was running late- and I love how it turned out. I've been wanting to wear this blouse with the plaid skirt for a while, but I felt that the combination was a little bit too 'school teacher'. The jacket added just the right amount of change for it to come together perfectly. 

This outfit was way too warm for the day that I wore it! It was alright when I was inside the air-conditioned car, store, and house, but as soon as I stepped outside I was dying.

(Sorry for my messed up bangs. I didn't notice until the later pictures, but it was a little too warm for me to have any desire to go back out and fix the first ones... I suppose that it did look alright for morning hair done without a mirror)

My makeup (conveniently done in the car) was also inspired by the 40's. The winged liner and red lips with a natural looking blush tied the look together perfectly. 



Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

Outfit Details: Blouse- from my beautiful Aunt Nancy, Jacket- Aunt Jenner (I have the most wonderful and generous Aunts! ♥), Skirt- T. J. Maxx, Shoes- Garage Sale (originally from Payless, but I love the vintage vibe) 
My Inspiration
I adore how timeless all of these women look! Some of the women sport manicures that match their lipstick, others have such darling hats, and the gloves look so effortless and perfect! Oh and the hair!!

Isn't this young woman simply darling! I just wish I knew her story! 
Aren't both of these girls just wonderful! Everything from the hair to the gloves is styled to perfection. The girl on the right was actually who inspired me to wear my jacket with the blouse. I love how stylish the two girls look together and wish that I had a photograph of my best friend and I so elegantly posed out and about! 

Speaking of best friends head over to Katie's blog Red Photography to see some pictures of Natalia from our recent photo shoot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment