Sunday, July 13, 2014

What’s Buzzin’, Cousin?

The other day I wrote about Victory Rolls and how much  I love the  look, so today I tried it... And oh my heavens- It is so hard to do with bangs! They get in the way so much with this hair style! They are too short to add to an existing victory roll or make their own, too long to leave down, and all together awkward! As you can tell I tried to pin them back as best as I could, but even in these photographs they are falling out a little bit. Even though my bangs were extremely troublesome the hair style did turn out very sweet. I couldn't get the Rolls as high on my head as I wanted (again my bangs were causing problems) so I added this darling green hat. I adore this hat, and it has quite the history, but that is for another time. 

Outfit Details: Dress- Vintage (thrifted), Skirt- T.J. Maxx, Gloves-Vintage (Christmas present), Shoes- Garage Sale (originally from Payless), Pearl Necklace- Vintage (Estate Sale), Hat- Vintage 


Hopefully you loved this 1940's inspired look as much as I did! (And hope fully next time I do my hair in Victory Rolls it works a little bit better...) 

Oh- I also wanted to start back up my spiritual/uplifting thoughts at the end of my posts.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:40 For intelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; wisdom receiveth wisdom; truth embraceth truth; virtue loveth virtue; light cleaveth unto light; mercy hath compassion on mercy and claimeth her own; justice continueth its course and claimeth its own; judgment goeth before the face of him who sitteth upon the throne and governeth and executeth all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment