Tuesday, July 22, 2014

There Will Always Be A Lace In My Heart


I just love this outfit combination.  I wore it to church on Sunday, and was so glad that I wore these shoes because I helped my Momma in the nurshery and was running around with a whole bunch of little babies!


This dress is from my Great Aunt Nancy, and when I saw it I fell in love! It is so darling, and even though it is a little bit large on me I love the cut and the details in the lace are gorgeous! I love it so much, and this dress with the collar has quickly become one of my favorite looks. 


I didn't want to over do the outfit by adding too much jewlery, but I couldn't resist adding these little avon cameo earrings. They are so feminine and sweet, and they almost look as if they should be vintage (alas, they are from 1994). I love old avon jewlery. Some of it is so beautiful, and it always makes me think of my Grandma when I wear it. 


I love how the gloves, collar, and beehive inspired hair all add up together to make this outfit look so mod. 

Outfit Details: Cameo Earrings- thrifted (originally from avon and you can purchase some here), Collar- Vintage present from Mom, Dress- Aunt Nancy, Gloves- Vintage, Bracelet- present from my Sister, Shoes- Aunt Jenner
I'm trying to be like twiggy, because I did my eye makeup similar to how she had hers, but  it didn't work very well...

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness. - Proverbs 31: 25-26

2 comments:

  1. That dress is such a beauty! What a lovely present from your aunt. The lace is beautiful and such a pretty pattern too. I love old avon jewelry too. I received some from my mother's collection that she didn't wear anymore and I just adore it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so thankful for generous family members! I love how unique Avon's jewelry is. Thank you for your comment Katie- I love your blog, and it really inspires me to be more vintage!

      Delete