Sunday, July 6, 2014

What's Your Favorite Holiday?

Outfit Details: Shoes- Payless, Tights- Mom, Skirt- T. J. Maxx, Jacket- Down East, Shirt- Down East, Pearl Earings- Rue 21, Necklace- Fuego, Bracelet- Claires, Ring- Mom and Dad 
In honor of the beautiful United States of America I decided to go all out red white and blue today. 
I was planning on wearing this on the fourth of July, but, unfortunately I ended up staying home in lounge clothes. The reason- I still had hives all over my face, neck, and chest. So, my family ended up going to Grandma's and having a BBQ and swimming, while I stayed home taking allergy meds and working on book logs for honors English. yep. 

I wore this to church today and this is what our missionaries said:
Elder Childs-"All you need now is a horned tail"
Me-"To be the Devil?"
Elder Childs-"Or a demond..."
Me-"Hahaha, It's the red tights isn't it?"
Elder Childs-"Yeah, something like that... but it still looks cute."

Our Elders make me laugh so hard. Ever since Winston left on his mission I have had a much greater appreciation for missionaries, and all of their sacrifices and their families sacrifices. They give two whole years to the Lord focusing entirely on the Lord's work! We have the Elders over for dinner a lot since Winst left, and are always giving them treats at church. Because they are always at our house or we are at Anne's (where they are also always at) the Elders are always teasing me, and sometimes they remind me of Winston. I mean really... I look like the Devil to a missionary... what am I even supposed to say to that?

Mom always has a nasty habit of sharing some of my most embarrassing  stories when the missionaries come over, and because it was the day before the fourth last time they came Mom thought that it would be appropriate to share the story of the first time that a boy 'hit' on me... So here it is--

It was 6th grade and my whole class had gone up to the mountains for an all day ski trip. All day long one of the most annoying boys in my class had followed me around, so I was slightly relieved when it was finally time for us to go home. We left around 8 so it was dark outside and everyone was tired and worn out from a long day or skiing/ snowboarding/ playing in the snow. I was sitting with my best friend talking and feeling super stinky and grubby when the boy that had been following us around all day squished into the already crammed (we were wearing snow suits and winter coats and winter boots...) seat with us. Then the boy turned to look at me and said:
Him:"What's your favorite holiday?"
Me: "I don't know...Christmas?" In my head I was saying 'The day when you learn to LEAVE ME ALONE!!'
Him: "Don't you want to know mine?"
Me:" No."
Him: *undaunted by my cold response*"Well, mine is the fourth of July because the fire works go KABOOM!"
Then the terrible part happened. He put his arm around my shoulders as he did the Kaboom. 
As you can imagine, my friend and I were horrified. Not only was it the worst pickup line we had ever heard, but it was being used on me! While on a field trip! Ew...

And that my dear friends is why the fourth of July is not my favorite holiday. 

p.s. Today is international kissing day so this post is S.W.A.K. 






No comments:

Post a Comment