Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rosie

Another 1940's inspired look... It must be the old movies that I have been watching, but I can't help wanting to dress like those amazing wartime women. This outfit is a modern twist on Rosie the Riveter. 
The denim on denim, polka dot scarf, and boots seemed perfect for what Rosie would be wearing to work now...

Outfit Details- Scarf- Thrifted (Vintage and from Italy!), Top- Garage Sale, Belt-??, Pants- Target, Boots- Kohls (Birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Edgar)  

Once again I tried Victory Rolls, this time parted down the center, and they worked so much better than the other day. My pesky bangs though- they are still in the way! I don't know what to do with the things!! Any suggestions on what to do with long unmanagable bangs, they would be greatly appreciated! 
This photograph of a real Rosie was absolutely perfect, and was my outfit inspiration for this look. Even our polka dot shirts match! The women on the 1940's were so amazing. They were doing hard things- things that had never been expected of women before. They stepped up, took the challenge, and changed the future for women. They were feminine and strong- I mean really, who looks this perfect doing that kind of work?!

This is what I did in my Rosie gear. I painted my bedside table to a shabby chic light green, and I adore how it looks! Just one room has lightened my room so much, and I love it! Lately I have been redecorating my room and trying to finish it, so you may be seeing a lot of refurbished furniture and decorations in the near future :)  


Also- I loooooovvvvveeee this quote. I am so thankful for the love my Savior has for me! 

  "Life has its share of some fear and some failure. Sometimes things fall short, don't quite measure up. Sometimes in both personal and public life, we are seemingly left without strength to go on. Sometimes people fail us, or economies and circumstances fail us, and life with its hardship and heartache can leave us feeling very alone. 
"But when such difficult moments come to us, I testify that there is one thing which will never, ever fair us. One thing alone will stand the test of all time, of all tribulation, all trouble, and all transgression. One thing only never faileth- and that is the pure love of Christ. 
"... Only the pure love of Christ will see us through. It is Christ's love which suffereth long, and is kind. It is Christ's love which is not puffed up nor easily provoked. Only his pure love enables him-and us- to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things."
-Elder Jeffery R. Holland




No comments:

Post a Comment