Monday, July 7, 2014

Small Town Girl


Ever since I was little I have loooovvvveeeedddd Little House On The Prairie. It was my Mom's favorite show growing up, and so naturally it was one that she showed her little girls and they all fell in love with. 
I remember as a little girl acting out one of our favorite episodes over and over and over taking turns who got to be Nellie and who got to be Laura ( If you watch Little House it is the episode where Nellie fakes getting hurt and in the end gets flipped out of a cart into water...).  
As a child I loved Laura. She was so funny, and when I really began to love the show I was right around the age of her character. I felt like I was just like Laura- and my name even matched hers! Completely convinced that I was Laura I HATED Nellie Olsen and her terrible Mother and don't even get me started on Willie Olsen! 
Nellie was a city girl.
Laura was a county girl.
Naturally, my one desire was to be just like Laura and be a country girl.


 As I have gotten older I've realized that I have a little bit more Nellie Olsen in me then I would even have admitted as a child.... I love being girl. I love fancy dresses and ringlets. And I even live in a small town just like Nellie would have. 
Perhaps I am more of a small town girl...


I love this dress because both the cut and color are darling and it has pockets- and honestly who doesn't love a dress with pockets- but it is rather short, so I always have to wear a skirt underneath and it also wrinkles really easily if you sit for even a short amount of time.

 {I awkwardly learned both of those things while at a debate tournament and had to keep making sure my skirt was covering me enough every time I sat down and smoothing my dress frantically every time I wanted to speak in congress... yep.... you probably didn't want to know about that novice year experience...}

Outfit Details: Jacket- Aunt Nancy (She gave me some of the most darling clothing that I have and I am soooooo thankful!), Dress- Target on sale for $6, Under skirt- T. J. Maxx, Boots- Thrifted, Pearl Bottle Necklace- Vintage  


No comments:

Post a Comment