Tuesday, August 12, 2014

How Do I Broach the Subject?



I love how elegant skirt suits look, and how timeless they are! The suits of the 1940's/1950's hold a particular charm to me. I love how elegantly women dressed and how put together they looked. I just wish that I still lived in a time where women would go out to lunch with their suits, hats, gloves, and gorgeous purses. 


I'm sorry that this photograph is so blurry, but I loved how the outfit looked with and without the jacket and wanted to show it both ways, and unfortunately this was the only photograph I had without the jacket. 

 This vintage broach and the darling earrings that go with it are the most precious accessories. Not only are they gorgeous with the pink diamonds and pearls (both are my favorite), but they belonged to my Great Grandma Coco, so they are truly precious to me. Each time I wear something of Coco's I think of her so much! 

Because my bed room is still in the process of being dried It was a struggle to get this out to wear. Really! I had to move everything in order to open the  door to my closet and slip in. 

 Outfit Details:
 Earrings & Broach- Vintage from Coco
Hat- Vintage borrowed from Momma
Suit- Aunt Jenner
Shirt- Aunt Nancy 
Shoes- Fred Meyers 
Purse- Vintage (Thrifted) 
Journal- Gift 



"Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." -Gordon B. Hinckley 

No comments:

Post a Comment