Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sew Sweet

Lately I have been sooooo busy getting ready for the up coming school year. School shopping, eye checks, and even an institute class at the college have been taking up my time, and school doesn't even start until Tuesday! What has happened to my summer? There are only two days left! Well, because I have been insanely busy I haven't been able to upload these photographs of a recent sewing project. 


I loved this vintage novelty fabric of flower carts that I found at a yard sale. There were 1 1/2 yards for $2.50, and this project took a lot of the fabric. (Honestly while I was cutting it I kept telling myself 'Don't mess up!' because I didn't have enough to redo the project if I ruined it with my meager sewing skills)


I didn't use a pattern or anything making this, and the design was one of three I chose by doodling ideas on a napkin and asking my Mom and Sisters which they liked best. I love how  this turned out! I wanted  a loose fitting shirt that was feminine, sweet, and a little bit playful in the back; and that is exactly what I got with this sweet shirt. 


I also really love how perfectly the blue in the collar that I made a while ago goes with the blue in the shirt. 


I'm really glad that this project turned out a success- And isn't this two tiered bow the cutest thing?!? Hopefully I will be posting a tutorial soon. 

Oh my gosh. I have to go, my Mom just came in and said that we have to take my dad to the E.R., and that he cut his hand really badly


No comments:

Post a Comment