Sunday, August 10, 2014

When it Rains it Pours

When it rains it pours... literally. Once again I have been absent from blogging for part of this week. The reason... The basement of my house flooded. Some time between Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning there was a huge down pour of rain. Enough that the next morning my bed room and the main room downstairs were flooded.


 We quickly tried to move all of the furniture into the one dry corner of my room and moved the rest of the furniture in the main room as we could. It was terrible! We have spent the week tearing out foam pad and trying to get as much of the water out of the house as possible!  
 And drying the carpet has been terrible! It has been so hard having no access to my bed and clothing (I have been forced to wear my older brother Winston's clothes for the past week. He is in Colombia on a mission, so he won't care- but I certainly do! I miss dressing like a girl!) Hopefully your summers have been sunshiny and dry!


























To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumphs with humility. -Thomas S. Monson  

No comments:

Post a Comment