Monday, August 4, 2014

Matryoshka


Isn't this little purse the most darling thing you have ever seen?! I love it so much. Growing up my grandma Vicki had a set of Russian nesting dolls at her house. I loved them so much and every time that I went to her house they were my favorite thing to play with.  The whole time I was there I would hold the beautiful matryoshka dolls, and I would even put them in the room that I was sleeping in when I would go to bed. On more than one occasion Grandma asked me if I wanted to take them home, but they were one of those things that made Grandma's house special, and so I always refused. 
I wore this to church while we were on vacation because I had to throw something together quickly, and I grabbed this lovely purse while running out of the door because it is the perfect size to hold some lipgloss, my phone, some handkerchiefs, and a pen or two. I'm so glad I did! It pulls the whole look together. I love the many colors that I can pair this skirt with (pink, dusty rose, brown, cream, purple, burgundy...) because I never end up wearing the same outfit twice with it!

Outfit Details: Earrings- Rue 21, Crochet Collar- Made by me, Top- Second Hand Shop, Skirt- Down East Basics, Shoes- T.J. Maxx, Purse- Garage Sale (FOR ONLY 10 CENTS!!!) 


Lately I have been thinking a lot about the woman in Proverbs 31 (hence the scriptures). I want to be that type of woman! Every passage reminds me of my Grandma Coco (I wrote of her here). I want to be like my Coco so much! She is my example and I love and admire her so much! All she did was for others and her legacy truly was of love. I want to be like that and I am trying to be more like the woman Proverbs 31 describes because it perfectly describes Coco. 

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. -Proverbs 31:30


No comments:

Post a Comment