Friday, August 22, 2014

I Made A Skirt





























I did it! I actually did it! I sewed a skirt on my sewing machine... without help! 

A few months ago our Grandma gave me and my sisters a whole bunch of old vintage fabric which she no longer wanted/ had room for. We gladly accepted it. Some of it was absolutely darling and perfect for our sewing ideas and other parts of it were... well... not so cute. This is some of the cute vintage fabric.

I love this darling little circle skirt, and it was so easy so make! I followed the tutorial over at It's A Crafty World, and it was so simple and easy to follow! The only problem that I had with the tutorial was that the center of my skirt was sooooo  much bigger than my waist. It was huge! That problem was easily solved, however with all little bit of pleating as I sewed the skirt!

I can't wait to put the finished skirt on here and show you how I styled it!

"If thou art merry, praise  the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.
If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication that your souls may be joyful." -D&C 136:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment