Monday, August 11, 2014

I should have been a WAF

Isn't this little outfit darling! It was the first time that I was able to wear my new hat and I absolutely love how the outfit turned out. Even though it is monochromatic it still looks so rich and put together. 
I love how 1940's The outfit all looked together. Also- Aren't these shoes the MOST darling shoes you have ever seen?! I found them at a thrift store while in Utah, and I couldn't wait to wear them. They are made out of an almost men's suit type material and the bow is so irresistibly cute!


And isn't this hat even more charming on!

Outfit Details: Hat- Vintage (thrifted), Earrings- Vintage, Jacket- Aunt Nancy, Pin- Hobby Lobby, Top- Aunt Jenner, Skirt- Borrowed from Mom, Shoes- Thrifted 


I love this pin, and it  definitely adds to the 1940's wartime styling of this outfit, and the Women in the Air Force reference... 

" I wish every young woman would know and understand that your beauty- your shine- does not lie in makeup, gooey cream, or the latest clothing or hairstyles. It lies in your personal purity... 
You can have a powerful impact in the world.
Your example, even the light in your eyes, will influence others who see your shine,  and they will want to be like you... 
A divine light comes into your eyes and countenances when you draw close to your Heavenly Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ. "  -Elaine S. Dalton 

No comments:

Post a Comment