Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lets Go To The Show


I love all things that have to do with vintage, and when I saw this hat I absolutely fell in love! It was actually at an estate sale with a few other hats that I couldn't resist. I ended up getting 5 hats for $18, and 4 pairs of gloves for only $4. I was so happy that I was able to get my hats at those amazing prices! It was near the end of the estate sale, and they were getting ready to close, but two of the hats were marked $12 and I honestly didn't think I was going to get a very good deal on the lot of them. I love old hats, and the elegance and care that they give a look (they are one of those things that I wish would come back soo badly!) 

When I got this hat and these gloves I couldn't resist thinking to myself- What is the story of the woman who originally owned these? Who was she? What did she love, what would she wear them with? 


One thing that I find so interesting is when I wear my hats and gloves to church the reactions from different generations are so drastically different! 

The elderly love what I wear, and are constantly commenting on how that is what  should be worn still. As they say things like this I can't help but wish that I was able to be there at that part in the past too!

The kids my age always ask where I get 'costumes' like these, or if the veil on my hat makes it hard to see (the answer to that is no because the netting is so fine, but sometimes my eyelashes will get caught in it because they are rather long).

It's just interesting to me that hats and gloves- true elegance really- was lost in the past.  


Outfit Details:
Hat: Vintage (Estate Sale)
Pearls: Vintage
Dress: Vintage 
Skirt: T. J. Maxx
Gloves: Vintage (Estate Sale)
Shoes: Yard Sale 



"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" Doctrine and Covenants 18:20

2 comments:

  1. I really feel you when I read this. I got the same problem when I wear vintage related clothing. The older generation loves it, but the younger generation thinks it is weird or more for parties. It can make you really wish you were living in the past so you are able to wear this stuff, but you what? Living in this time makes it great, because you are unique and can be rolemodel for people just like you! That makes it really special. I am really glad there are still people out there just like you! Who want to wear vintage, because of the elegance and beauty.

    ReplyDelete