Sunday, September 28, 2014

Second Star to the Right, and Straight on Till Morning




 I love how sweet and innocent this outfit turned out to be! It reminds me of a mixture of Wendy and Peter Pan! When I was little I used to love to watch Peter Pan because I adored Tinker Bell! I also had Tink's stubborn personality!




Sometimes I just wish that things were as simple as they were when I was little! There was no drama back then, and all of my friends were my friends all of the time! There was never any question in my mind about who was my friend and how they really felt.

Now thing are just harder than they used to be. Its hard to be told by someone that they think you are a snobby, lying gossip especially when you feel as if you haven't done anything wrong. Names really hurt people, and I feel like so many times people say cruel things without really meaning to. I know that I do, and I'm really trying to work on it. I'm also trying to be more understanding, and ultimately, forgiving.

Words from people I love pierce me deeply. I don't usually care about people's opinions, but when it is someone I care about everything changes. We need more kindness in this world, more forgiveness, and more selfless, Christlike, acts.

Outfit Details:
Hair Bow Headband: Thrifted
Compass Necklace: $1 at a Yard Sale (it was actually from the owner of an online store who was clearing out some of her old inventory!)
Tank Top: Down East Basics
Top: T.J. Maxx
Mint Pants: $2 at Rue 21's huge end of the summer sale
Golden Oxfords: $5 at Rue 21's end of the summer sale 


"As we arise each morning let us determine to respond with more love and kindness to whatever might come our way." -Thomas S Monson 


No comments:

Post a Comment