Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Muffin Top



Well hello there! Here I am again displaying my sweater obsession. I absolutely love this cupcake sweater. I found it last year on a Target sales rack for only $6, and almost cried because I loved it so much, but it was a size small. Just as I was about to put it back on the rack I decided to try it on anyway... and it fit perfectly! 

It really made me think. Clothing sizes aren't really defining. They aren't who you are. They aren't the size that you really are they are just a letter that you are told is what you can or cannot wear.. They are  a recommendation made by someone else deciding what they think that your certain body type should look wearing what they produced. If they think it should look oversized or baggy that is what they will label it to be. If they want it to look skin tight that is what they make the clothing like. Sizes aren't true. Not all size small shirts are for someone with a 30 inch bust, and not all large shirts are made to fit someone with a 38 inch bust. All sizing is relative.



On the day that I wore this outfit I also found out that there is something going on with my right knee. I wore this darling pair of shoes to school (packing a pair of flats with me of course because I am a klutz and you never know what can happen...), and while I was walking around before school started I felt a sharp pain in my knee, and it felt as if my knee wouldn't support any weight.

I took of my heels and put on the flats I packed and immediately called my mom because I know that my Dad has a history of knee problems. It turns out that I have water on the knee caused from too much walking around (marching band). It is gross because there are squishy parts on my knee... My Dad gets water on the knee a lot, so this didn't come a s a surprise to me, but I did learn that my Mom gets sliding knee caps. Ugh. So if it wasn't one it would be the other! 


Outfit Details:
Collar: Made by me
'Drink Me' Alice in Wonderland Necklace: Claires
Sweater: Target sale rack
Skirt (Actually a Dress): Target sale rack
Under Skirt: Bella Bird
Knee Socks: Fred Meyer's clearance
Shoes: Thrifted- Vintage



Oh how I loooove this sweater! 


"Courage not compromise brings the smile of God's approval." -Thomas S. Monson 

No comments:

Post a Comment